Introduction to Woodturning (One Day Workshop)
Join our Woodturning Workshop and learn more about the art of woodturning! Topics covered include lathe introduction, chisels, safety, turning wet and dry timber, live edge and standard bowl demonstrations, sanding and finishing, timber selection, converting timber, storing blanks, and spindle turning.
Topics Covered ;
- Introduction to the woodturning Lathe.
- Lathe Parts, Selecting a lathe,
- Woodturning Chisels – Bowl Gouges / Spindle Gouges
- Health & Safety ( General )
- Turning Wet Timber & Drying ./ Turning Dry Timber. – ( Health & Safety.)
- Live Edge Wet Bowl Turning Demonstration.
- Dry Standard Bowl Demonstration.
- Sanding; Applying a finish
- Which Timbers are suitable for turning. ?
- Converting Timber For Turning ( Health & Safety )
- Storing Your Woodturning Blanks.
- Spindle Turning Demonstration. ( Turning between centers)
Location: Bracknagh Community Centre
Time: 10:00am – 4:30pm
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How Do I enroll for this “Legacy” Workshop?
A: At this stage, we are inviting expressions of interest. Please register your interest and we will confirm your place ASAP. This workshop has limited spaces available, therefore we cannot guarantee a place on the workshop to all applicants.
Q: Do I need to have any prior experience to participate in this “Legacy” Workshop?
A: No, the program is open to people of all ages and skill levels.
Q: How much does it cost to participate in this “Legacy” Workshop?
A: The cost for this workshop is €10.00pp and payment will be collected on the day of the workshop.
Q: Will I be provided with the necessary materials for the course?
A: Yes, all materials required for the course will be provided.
Q: Is there a lunchbreak?
A: Yes, please bring a packed lunch